There are great opportunities to eat, drink and visit top attractions in and around The Coach House.
Pubs and Eateries
The Vale of Glamorgan have restaurants, pubs, and coffee shops which are considered the finest places in South Wales to eat and drink. Below are links to just some of them.
- Illtud's - 216, Church Street, Llantwit Major Tel: 01446 793800 www.illtuds216.co.uk
- Huddarts - 69 High Street, Cowbridge Tel: 01446 774645
- Blue Anchor - Winner of Food Pub of the Year
Aberthaw Tel: 01446 750329 www.blueanchoraberthaw.com
- Plough and Harrow - Monknash Tel: 01656 890209 www.ploughandharrow.org
- Bar 44 - Tapas Restaurant Tel: 01446 776488
Cowbridge, 44C High Street, Cowbridge CF71 7AG
- Quarter Penny Cafe - Tel: 01446 774999
54 High Street, Cowbridge, CF71 7AH www.quarterpennycafe.co.uk
- The Market Place Restaurant - 66 High Street, Cowbridge
Tel: 01446 774 800 www.the-marketplace.co.uk
- Elephant and Bun Deli - Great for stocking up on lovely cheeses and Pâté if you prefer to eat at home!
Tel: 01446 773 545
31 High Street, Cowbridge, CF71 7AE www.elephantandbundeli.co.uk
You can't beat Cowbridge for shopping, antique hunting and great restaurants. This quaint market town is the 'Bond Street' of Wales and is about 10 minutes by car cross country.
You can also head east to Wales’ capital, Cardiff to shop in its Victorian arcades and newly redeveloped shopping centre.
From rugged coastlines, rolling countryside and beautiful gardens, the Vale of Glamorgan has great attractions for you to visit.
- Cosmeston Lakes Country Park - Cosmeston Lakes Country Park and Medieval Village, Lavernock Road, Penarth,Vale of Glamorgan CF64 5UY Tel: 029 2070 1678
- Coastal Path Walks
If you love walking then the Wales Coast Path is the one for you. The coast walk starts on the beachfront at the end of the lane down to the coast.
- Fonmon Castle Welcome you to a unique heritage property: available as an exclusive South Wales wedding venue, corporate and team building location, visitor attraction and host for product launches and filming.
- Southerndown Golf Club Southerndown is a hidden gem, unique in offering part sandy links and part acid-heathland, and due to its terrain it is one of the driest courses to be found throughout the land.
Horse hire, beach riding, pony trekking and lessons available locally.
The Vale of Glamorgan offers a great range of locations for freshwater fishing and sea angling available off various locations along the Glamorgan Heritage Coast.